- RFID wrist-banding allows for better patient safety at the point-of-care.
- Medical history
- Prescribed medications
- Meal / Medicine scheduling
- Better Queue Management System
- Eliminate doctor and nurse negligence in regards to serving patients with incorrect medications or foods
- Allow for surgeons to have the nurses full attention in the operating room as opposed to being occupied by the administrative tasks of counting and tracking surgical equipment
Queue Management System:
- Speed up patient throughput and increase profitability.
- Improve service quality, productivity and operational efficiencies.
- Minimize patient waiting times and reduce frustrations.
- Increase satisfaction levels and improve patient retention rates.
- Make waiting time informative and entertaining.
Operating Instruments and Medical Equipment:
- Monitor and trace operating instruments and medical equipment during procedures to insure all materials are accounted for.
- Prevent the retention of surgical instruments, sponges, and towels inside patients being operated on.
- Omit or supplement the manual process of counting the number of surgical instruments, towels, and sponges both pre and post survey.
Pharmacy / File / Lab Labeling Tracking:
- Prevent misidentifying specimens thus minimizing costly error.
- Add accuracy, safety, and efficiency to prescription processing by using bar code labels.
- Easily track test tubes, vials, blood bags and microscope slides to prevent errors and ensure accuracy.
- Streamline card/Biometric based access control solutions with durable, highly secure credentials printed on-demand.
- Monitor and control access to the most restricted parts of medical office including.
- Operating Rooms
- Supply closets
- Secure hospital wings
- Hazard/Lab area etc.
- In the modern world, patient health is no longer the only concern for hospitals. Hospitals have to bear the responsibility of the patient safety and the patient comfort. However, due to the overcrowded and understaffed clinical areas with complex workflow patterns, there are different forms of medical care errors arisen in the healthcare system.
- In order to enhance the patient safety and patient comfort in the current medical service system, an RFID-based Patient Tracking and Mobile System integrated with information communications technology was designed and developed. Apart from identifying different patient’s whereabouts, instant alerts are generated through mobile devices so as to enhance patients’ safety and comfort. With a view of investigating the feasibility of RFID and mobile technology in the healthcare environment.