Perceptron Software Labs customized the CHASE™ framework for the mining vertical. The Ore Tracking System (OTS) was installed at the weighbridges/Security Gate/Loading Unloading, the security gates and the points of Sesa’s operations. With passive RFID tags mounted on the trucks and RF hardware installed at each of these points, PSL was able to log critical process level information in real time. The framework was also extended to support peripheral devices like Weighbridges, Printers, Traffic Lights, Fingerprint Readers (as a safety requirement to authenticate valid drivers as they enter the mines) and Boom Barriers. OTS has been integrated with the DMG E-Permit system and SAP ERP.
With the success of OTS for over two years advantages of RFID to streamline and enhance logistics efficiency.
- Unmanned weighbridges at destination points.
- Increase in number of trucks handled per weighbridge .
- Process validation for enhanced control.
- 100% data accuracy and automation.
- Reduction of 55% of transactional time at the weighbridge.
- Automatic upload into the SAP ERP system with less than 100% Connectivity.
- Online DMG E-Permit system integrated.
- Integrated with SAP ERP System Authentic & Reliable Information.
- Automated & Granular Reports.
- Real Time SMS Alerts.
- 100% Secure Data.
- Faster Contractor Payouts.